Jefferson Area CHiP envisions a vibrant community of families whose children are healthy, confident and ready for school.
Jefferson Area CHiP partners with families to create a nurturing home environment and to promote the health and well-being of children in our community.
- We value families, recognize their unique qualities, and build on family strengths.
- We value children and work to enhance each child’s potential.
- We believe in and support the capacity of families to provide for the well-being of their children.
- We believe in the value of a medical home for all children, to promote wellness and improve the health status of children and their families.
- We believe that the multifaceted needs of low-income families are best addressed through a family-centered, comprehensive, coordinated, community-based approach.
- We believe that, when provided with knowledge and the resources to act on that knowledge, families will have the power to make positive life decisions for their members and to make a contribution to their communities.